Shipping and delivery
Delivery of your order is done with great care at Seacraft Gallery.
How long will it take until I receive my item?
- If an order is finalised prior to 11:30am on a business day we will dispatch the goods on the same day. Any orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day, provided the item is currently available in stock.
- Orders usually take from 1 to 5 working days to arrive, with major capital cities the item will likely arrive in a shorter time, than for those in outer metro or remote areas. For Sydney metro customers, most orders finalised prior to 11:30am on a business day will be delivered the same day or the next business day. If an item has not arrived after 7 business days, please contact our Customer Service team on 02 9709 6252 and we will follow up with our couriers.
As soon as your order is dispatched from our Warehouse, you will receive an e-mail including shipping confirmation and the individual tracking number assigned to your model. Check anytime to see exactly when your model is expected to arrive.
How much will it cost to ship my item?
A delivery calculator is available on Checkout page to determine the appropriate delivery costs to your location. Delivery is calculated on the size of the packaging not the weight, and is determined by the location of where we are situated from Bankstown Sydney. Ares classifications are determined as per our couriers zoning guides.
If I purchase more than one item, do I have to pay delivery for each item?
- We do not make profit on deliveries, therefore we are happy to offer you a combined shipping discount for every additional item purchased. When you check out for multiple items and apply your postcode for delivery, the postage charge is calculated based on the total weight of your order.
- Please note that combined postage charge is only applicable if you process to check out for multiple items. We are unable to combine postage if you check out separately as we normally dispatch the item as soon as the payment is confirmed.
What address should I use for delivery?
- When you place an order, we suggest you have it delivered to a work address rather than a home address (no PO Box address), as our couriers only deliver between 9am and 5pm, and may require a signature on receipt.
- If you aren't available when your parcel is delivered, all couriers will leave a calling card, which you will need to call the relevant number and arrange another time for delivery. You will not be charged for this redelivery.
Do we ship model to overseas?
- Yes, we do ship internationally to North America, Europe and New Zealand. Please contact our Customer Service team on 61-2 9709 6252 or email@example.com for an exact quote.
- Overseas buyers are responsible for all customs and import fees. Some countries do not charge those fees for items under US$1,000. Please contact your local post office for the rates.
What happens if I receive a faulty item?
- If an item has been delivered, and it clearly appears damaged it is important to further investigate before you sign the acceptance of delivery. If it is in an acceptable condition please note on the consignment that the packaging is damaged and cross out received in good condition. If the item has been severely damaged, please reject the delivery and contact us. If you sign for the goods for 'Good Condition' you will waive our liability for any defects on damange.
- Photos of damaged goods must be provided via email within 3 days of arrival. After 3 days, we are unable to process any claims.
- Please include as many details as possible about the order and the problem with the goods and we will get an alternative sorted out for you.
Please see our returns policy for more information about faulty goods.
How easy it is to unpack/uncrate my model ship?
- While our packaging is optimal for shipping, it is very easy to unpack. For larger tall ships, simply remove the two front wood supports on the crate, undo the bungie straps holding down the model and then slide the model out of the crate.
- To save on shipping costs, some of our yachts the mast is shipped down. To assemble, just insert the mast and attach the numbered clips.
- For other models, just simply take out of the box and display.
Seacraft Gallery brings you the highest-quality handcrafted wooden models as the ones are displayed in the museums. As experts in handcrafted models, we aim to provide professionally designed and prepared packaging for your orders. We know how important it is to you that your model arrives in perfect condition.
- Tall ship model is packed securely into a wooden crate, it is tied up to ensure that the model cannot move during transit. Then the crate is place into a heavy-duty carton box.
- The box is marked with "This Side Up" and "Fragile" stickers to ensure that it is handled properly.
- Speed boat or cruise model is packed into a block of styrofoam and then is placed into a carton box.