From atop a mantle, table or shelf in any room, these yacht models sail as the perfect highlight for your meeting room or office, bedroom or beach house.
- Authentic museum-quality scale replica of the real Constellation racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Increased details and items on deck over smaller yacht models
- Accurate scale of all deck and hull components
- Finely stitched sails with quality rigging
- Significant research to guarantee accuracy of this model includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Ready to display in less than five minutes
- Separate pre-assembled hull and sails ensure safe shipping and lower cost
- Insert mast in designated hole and clip brass rigging hooks as shown in illustrations
- Sails and rigging already complete
Dimensions: 60cm Length, 12cm Width, 79cm Height with stand.
CONSTELLATION won in 1964. She was a quite elegant all-round boat, which was selected as Cup Defender over the large and powerful AMERICAN EAGLE, which was only superior in heavy weather. This should have been a tip off to the future but the true significance of having to design the smallest possible 12-Metre for Newport conditions was not generally appreciated until Australia II lifted the Cup in 1983. The reason 12-Metres form an exception to the axiom "design big" is the idiosyncrasy of the rule, particularly the prescription of increased displacement with length.