Chris Craft Barrel Back 1940 74cm – Free shipping
When looking at handcrafted wooden boat models to create the right atmosphere in your office, the Chris Craft Barrel Back 1940 might just catch your eye. This boat is a fine example of the most famous classic American Runabouts.
Our 70cm Chris Craft Barrel Back 1940 wooden classic model boat – special with white interior is a fine example of what this kind of boat should represent. Every effort has gone into capturing the luxury of the Chris Craft itself, ensuring this boat model can carry on the legacy of the famous American Runabouts. Perfect for board rooms and for model boat enthusiasts, this is a must-have for those who love classic, powerful speedboats!
- Dimensions: 74cm Long x 24cm Wide x 25cm High 1:12 Scale
- Handcrafted, fully assembled and ready to put on display.
- A recreation model boat of the Chris Craft Barrel Back 1940 with high attention to detail.
- Plank-on-frame construction used, with individual wood strips applied on the hull.
- Polished, smooth finish with numerous paint and varnish layers used.
- Brass and steel fittings are used throughout – no plastic is present.
- Fittings and features such as leather seats are included – as is the Italian flag.
- Based on real drawings and copies of the plans for the Chris Craft Barrel Back 1940 as well as photos.
- Comes with a wooden base for perfect display.
- Also perfectly suitable for storage in one of our many display cases: ask for more details.
- A perfect choice for anyone who loves to collect model boats or wants a centrepiece.
About the Chris Craft Barrel Back 1940
The legend of Chris-Craft began in 1884, when Christopher Columbus Smith began the Smith Boat House on the St Clair River in Algonac, Michigan, to manufacture small duck boats and power launches. Later, the company was extended to Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co. Many of his larger runabouts were used as taxis; transporting guess on the river front to resorts, or to various sightseeing attractions.