Riva Aquarama 70cm (Red/Brown) – Free shipping
A Riva Aquarama is the epitome of stylish European luxury, with our handcrafted Riva Aquarama speedboat replica model perfectly capturing that sense of Italian chic. Riva is known as an innovative and visionary boating manufacturer, frequently triumphing at boat shows and marketplaces all over the globe. The technical prowess of the Riva Aquarama is legendary, and now you can bring that same charm and sophistication to your home with our striking Riva Aquarama model.
Highlights about the wooden Riva Aquariva boat model
- Dimensions: 70cm Long x 22cm Wide x 23cm High 1:12 Scale
- Entirely handcrafted, fully assembled and ready for display
- Plank on frame construction where each strip of wood is applied to the hull one at a time
- Highly polished smooth finish, many layers of paint and varnish applied. Each layer is left to dry and micro sanded before another layer is applied
- Brass & stainless steel fittings, no plastic parts
- Amazing details accurate to actual Riva Aquariva speed boats
- Plush leather seats
- Metal propellers, steering wheel, horns and Italian flag
- Realistic gauges and switches on dash are not a sticker or decal
- Meticulously painted to match real Riva Aquarama
- Extensive research through using various sources such as drawings, copies of original plans and photos of the actual ship.
- The model comes with a sturdy wooden base.
The Riva Aquarama was a speedboat model built by Riva. Production ran for over three decades from Aquarama’s introduction in 1962 till 1996. Carlo Riva launched the Aquarama runabout series in 1962. Aquarama’s hull was based on Riva Tritone – an earlier model speedboat by Riva. Because of the boats speed, beauty and craftmanship behind it Aquarama was praised as the Ferrari of the boat world. The company was founded by Pietro Riva in 1842.
The Riva Aquarama’s 10.5 metre hull was carved from mahogany wood. Hull was varnished so it left the wood visible. All versions of the Aquarama were twin engined. Power varied from 185 hp to 350 hp per engine. For example Cadillac- and Chrysler-engines tuned by Riva where used. Aquarama’s cruise speed was up to 45 knots. On top of the engine compartment there was a cushioned sundeck. Boat also carried a convertible roof which disappeared behind the rear seat and cockpit. There was a swim ladder mounted in the stern of the boat.