Dragon is one of the most famous keelboat classes in the world with long keel and elegant shape. Designed by Norwegian Johan Anker from Royal Gothenburg Yacht Club in 1929, the Dragon is very popular till today. This wooden yacht replica perfectly brings the beauty of one-design keelboat on a miniature scale, allowing owners to proudly display a patriotic tribute in any room or office.
Key features of the 60cm Dragon model sailing boat
- Dimensions: 60 x 12 x 77cm with stand.
- Hand-crafted using individual wooden planks.
- Made according to scale, plans and imagery of the actual Dragon yacht.
- Details on the deck, including the helm wheel, rope coils and cleats.
- Meticulously painted ensures the model matches the colour scheme of the real Dragon sailing boat.
- Pre-assembled and just need small assembly with provided instructions.
- No rigging is needed, masts are put down for safe-shipping.
- The model attached onto a sturdy wooden base with nameplate for perfect display.
About the 1929 Dragon yacht
Designed by Norwegian Johan Anker from Royal Gothenburg Yacht Club in 1929, the Dragon was made an Olympic class in 1948 and remained one until 1972, since when the elegant and distinctive keelboat has continued to be popular, offering good competition for a broad spread of abilities.
The Dragon’s philosophy of gradual evolution within one-design principles has produced a boat with state of the art rig and boat handling controls, reducing the learning curve for sailors transferring from other classes and making the boat flexible enough to cater for every level of ability. It remains one of the few top level racing classes where sailing skills still predominate over crew weight and fitness.
These are just some of the reasons why yachtsmen of every age and every standard are attracted to the Dragon. One sail is enough to make Dragon ownership the goal of many sailors’ racing careers, while for others the class provides a lifetime of challenges. The International Dragon is a truly thoroughbred racing yacht.