- Authentic museum-quality scale replica of the real Dragon racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
- High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Increased details and items on deck over smaller yacht models
- Accurate scale of all deck and hull components
- Finely stitched sails with quality rigging
- Significant research to guarantee accuracy of this model includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
- Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Ready to display in less than five minutes
- Separate pre-assembled hull and sails ensure safe shipping and lower cost
- Insert mast in designated hole and clip brass rigging hooks as shown in illustrations
- Sails and rigging already complete
Dimensions: 60cm Length, 12cm Width, 80cm Height with stand.
Classic yacht has been built in 1930’s but still very famous until today.
The Dragon embodies all the qualities that have made day-racing keelboats the preferred form of competition for many of the best helmsmen from dinghy sailors to America’s Cup competitors.
The crew of three makes for a tightly knit unit without the need for hired heavyweights, One Design rules ensure level racing and the ease of trailing makes international competition attractive to all budgets. Yet the Dragon’s greatest strength is its depth of support and the strength of its international following.
The Dragon’s philosophy of gradual evolution within one-design principles has produced a boat with state of the art rig and boat handling controls, reducing the learning curve for sailors transferring from other classes and making the boat flexible enough to cater for every level of ability. It remains one of the few top level racing classes where sailing skills still predominate over crew weight and fitness.
These are just some of the reasons why yachtsmen of every age and every standard are attracted to the Dragon. One sail is enough to make Dragon ownership the goal of many sailors’ racing careers, while for others the class provides a lifetime of challenges. The International Dragon is a truly thoroughbred racing yacht.