San Felipe 95cm – Free shipping
Finely-crafted, elegant details define King Phillip’s grand warship the San Felipe as museum-quality features define this limited edition scale replica tall ship model of the famous Spanish galleon. Serving as the centerpiece of an office, meeting room or den, or perhaps setting an auspicious and elegant nautical tone for a family living room or corporate boardroom, this tall model ship is certain to inspire with her noble spirit.
Features of the handcrafted San Felipe ship model:
- Overall dimensions of the model are 95cmL x 28cmW x 76cmH 1:75 Scale
- The model are fully assembled and ready to display (NOT a kit)
- Entirely hand built by using Individual wooden planks in hull construction
- We use the high quality wood in constructing and ensuring the model will withstand with climate change.
- Anchors and decorative fixtures and intricate details are sculpted of metal
- Sails are handmade with fine linen and rigging lines that vary in texture
- This model is built according to scale through original plans and pictures.
- This model comes with a solid wood base, a metal name plate.
The San Felipe Launched in 1690, was one of the most beautiful Spanish ships of the 17th century. She was the lead ship of the Spanish Armada and displaced more than 1000 tons and was armed with 96 cannons, enabling her to take on the most formidable ships in the French and British navies. San Felipe’s role in the war against the British and French was to help protect Spanish settlements and harbors, to transport treasures, and to safeguard the long and hazardous passage back to Spanish ports. In 1705, she participated in a furious and heroic battle between 12 Spanish ships and 35 British ships. After 24 hours of battle, she was captured by an English ship, but was so badly damaged that she could not be salvaged as a prize. She went to the bottom with several tons of gold.